15 January 2011

First Knit Out

This afternoon, I joined my first knit out here in Singapore and had a great time. Though my mouth was zipped almost the whole time, I enjoyed listening to the crafters' stories. I decided to start on a new project which is from a not entirely new idea or pattern - a scarf. I was working on a scarf as mentioned in my previous post but it didn't turn out well because my yarn was too thick for my needle. This time, I think I got it right and I'm inspired to finish this project and track it in Raverly.

So, today is day 1 and below is a birthday photo. It looks more like a Starbucks ad but I will upload another photo after I have more progress. The yarn I'm using is that Japanese cotton yarn from Chinatown which I talked about during my first Singapore yarn hunt. I'm not sure if there will be a second because this island seems too small. 




On another note, I miss selling my craft. A year ago, my friend and I displayed some jewelries at the local fair for the Sinulog event in Cebu. It was fun. The fact that there were so many booths selling jewelries too, the experience was more significant than the money I earned. I wished I could be there today with her at her booth.

Selling jewelries at my friend's Sinulog 2010 booth

I hit the publish button past midnight so "Today" in this post is January 15, 2011.

No comments: